Sunday, January 5, 2014

the weather finally warmed up enough to walk outdoors again - although "warm" is a relative term here, as it was 24-degrees while we walked.  it's been in the below-zeros for days, and that's when i'm grateful for my "loaner" treadmill.  It isn't the same as walking outdoors & chatting with friends, but it's great to be able to stay on course.  I am looking for a sponsor for the $125 entry fee for the Fleet Feet No Boundaries 5K training.  I asked Chobani Yogurt (my favorite!!) and will see what happens.  most larger companies only give to big groups, and I get that.  But I'm hoping someone will see value in what I'm doing enough to sponsor all or part of the fee.  I have a few weeks before the deadline to pay. Today's walk was good - it was a trail we've walked before, and it took a good 90 minutes.  Heart rate up, but not running.  steady goes the course, as they say.  I'm off to a Health & Wellness Fair near my house - maybe I can get a sponsor there!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your updates! I check in every couple of days and just wanted to let you know that someone IS reading about your progress. So glad you found some friends to walk with, and share the journey. ~Denise

    ReplyDelete

on a quest to be my best! Your comment will appear soon!