Tuesday, January 21, 2014

this morning, after 30 minutes on the treadmill, i patted myself on the back and headed for the shower.  my clothes have been fitting better, and that made me happy.  while i was in the shower, i thought about what my goal was - the 60 pounds lost by June - and had a sudden epiphany that there aren't many women my age that would be as thin as i had planned to be without being questioned about health…my 30-year old weight, my 40-year old weight.  and that got me thinking about what my goal actually was - weight loss, or returning to a happy time & place, or exactly what.  and the phrase "Let your true self show" went through my mind. my true self has nothing to do with size.  i began walking for health, but it started to become about size and not eating this or that and making sure i had all the right walking accessories, etc.  So, today is a reset day.  back to the initial purpose - health and mobility…use it or lose it.  and if my true self is a beautiful & exciting person who happens to be my current size/weight, then tough tutus.  it makes me so happy to walk…more so than the indoor treadmill.  i get to see and smell and feel the outdoors…there is a point to it.  the camaraderie.  so back to square one.  happily.  not much changes in my routine, just the mental part.  so much learning going along with the walks!  so grateful for my 2 feet being operational.
Wonder Woman, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

on a quest to be my best! Your comment will appear soon!